Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Update

We had quite the summer. In June we moved up to Salt Lake City for a few months. It was actually Layton. Matts project in Brigham City keeps him very busy so we thought it would be a good idea to be closer to the job, so it would run a bit smoother. Also, so we could all be together instead of one week on, one week off. It turned out to be a great idea. We had so much fun and the girls just loved being close to Rae, Brad, Kona and Gramma Kim. It was really nice to be able to spend lots of time with my sister. This was the only time we have lived close to eachother since we left the nest. The summer started out with Matt taking my place in the crazy mud run, The Spartan. He did amazing, especially since he hardly trained. I was so proud! Then, the girls and I ran off to Rexburg for Jen's graduation. It was a long, painful few hours but we are so proud of auntie Jenny for her accomplishment! We also had some great sister time. I really miss those girls. Next big thing was the Phipps family reunion. It was held at Zion Ponderosa Ranch. It was really fun and the cabins were amazing. Dylan zip lined and the girls both did the slip and slide. Dylan was so brave to fly through the air, she still talks about it all the time. She says "mom, what was that thing I did in the air?" I say "the zip line." She says "oh yeah, remember when I did the zip line? That was so fun!" I totally recommend that place for a reunion or family trip, really fun. The girls loved to spend time with the cousins too. Monie walked around saying "where is Sophie go?" ALL DAY.

Gramma Sara came to Layton too. We went to the zoo and swam a lot. The summer was like a three month vacay. In between these fun things we went to lots of concerts, thanks RAE. My sis has an amzing job and can get tickets to any concerts in the Salt Lake area. We went to Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Blink 182, Death Cab for Cutie. All were really good.

Hogle Zoo:










Zion:










Dylan hiked the Emerald Pools, she did great.







Matt and I also celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. Dang. We went horse back riding in Ogden Canyon and to a delicious steakhouse called Timbermine. The ride was beautiful.




Jen's Grauation:








The SPARTAN:











2 comments:

rk said...

OMG! monie's face on the slip n' slide!? i love it. miss you guys already, too. gosh dangit.

Tuttles said...

mhm. I love the slip n slide one